The Times relies on reports furnished by police in our coverage area. If you know of a police matter but do not see it reported in The Times, contact us at 815-431-4050 or email@example.com.
A person reported at 10:34 p.m. Sunday in the 100 block of South Shabbona Street, they were the victim of a battery, but then would not cooperate with police.
Michelle M. Medrow-Kielski, 48, rural Marseilles, was arrested Sunday in the 1400 block of Porter Street on complaints of DUI, driving while license revoked, improper lane usage and no insurance. Her vehicle hit a utility pole. She was taken to the county jail.
Chad Mitchell, 43, Ottawa, was cited Saturday at Walnut and Jefferson streets on complaints of driving while license suspended, no insurance and disobeying a stop sign. He was given a court date.
Timothy M. Brezeniak, 32, Ottawa, was cited Sunday in the 400 block of West Norris Drive on a complaint of driving while license suspended. He was given a court date.
Kenneth A. Baumbach, 59, Leland, was arrested at 6:45 p.m. Sunday at Sandwich and Chicago roads on a complaint he was driving while his license was suspended, as well as on a Kane County warrant for failing to appear in court for a charge of driving while suspended. He was taken to the county jail.
Ottawa firefighters responded at 8:14 a.m. Sunday to 400 E. Washington St. for a fire alarm, which was caused by cooking.
At 1:41 a.m. Sunday, Ottawa firefighters responded to 211 E. Marquette St. for a carbon monoxide alarm. They found the detector was bad.
Ottawa firefighters responded at 3:48 p.m. and again at 4:50 p.m. Saturday, to 906 Canal St. for fire alarms set off by cooking.
At 7:47 a.m. Saturday, Ottawa firefighters responded to 900 Paul St. for a fire alarm caused by cooking.
Ottawa firefighters responded at 11:08 p.m. Friday to 1416 Shaws Lane for a carbon monoxide alarm. They found no cause.
Ottawa firefighters responded at 3:22 p.m. Friday to 424 Second Ave. for an unattended compost fire.
Streator firefighters responded at 8:23 a.m. Monday to 606 E. Morrell St. for a fire alarm. They found the detector was faulty.