[Shaw Media file photo]
25. IC Catholic (1-0, NR): It’s hard to measure how good the Knights are on a state-wide ratio, but a rout of a typical strong Althoff squad is an interesting place to start. Up next: vs. Joliet Catholic.
24. Prairie Ridge (1-0, 25): There are lots of questions about how the Wolves might rebuild after losing some exceptional players. But after they hung 58 points out in Week 1, offense looks all good. Up next: at Hampshire.
23. Glenbard West (0-1, 14): The Hilltoppers will try to follow the same blueprint they did last season where they lost the opener, but proceeded to win the rest of their regular season games. Up next: at Proviso East.
22. Bolingbrook (1-0, 24): The Raiders are sort of flying under the radar right now, but odds are they won’t be anymore if they capture a win in their Week 2 matchup. Up next: vs. No. 12 St. Charles North.
21. Barrington (1-0, 23): Had little trouble dispatching a solid Warren team in Week 1. It looks like the Broncos are back to their low-key, constantly-winning ways. Up next: at Buffalo Grove.
20. Edwardsville (1-0, NR): Anchored by one of the state’s top quarterbacks, home, the Tigers seem poised to be a force from southern Illinois. Up next: at St. Louis (Christian Brothers).
19. Marist (0-1, 11): The Redhawks dropped a big rivalry game against Brother Rice. Despite that misstep, Marist will likely be heard from before all is said and done. Up next: vs. Mishawaka (Ind.).